The Railway industry today is characterized by both a strong and sustained growth across the world. The trends that drive this are well known: environmental challenges, population growth, urbanization and increasing demands for mobility.
With 6B of Sales and around 30,000 employees based in over 60 countries, Alstom develop & market the most complete range of systems, equipment and services offered today in the railway sector. Today we offer our customers solutions that feature a seamless blend of diverse technologies, ensuring optimal interfaces, along with flexible implementation and real synergy in innovation.
Alstom's approach can be summarized in one word - "fluidity". Alstom is a global leader in passenger, freight and mining rail transportation, signaling, and infrastructure, and sets the benchmark for innovative and environmentally friendly technologies. Alstom builds the fastest train and the highest capacity automated metro in the world, provides a wide variety of associated maintenance, modernization, overall and refurbishment services and turnkey transportation solutions. Our 32,000 employees worldwide rigorously apply the Alstom Code of Ethics and work closely with our community of stakeholders to deliver solutions and services that bear the brand of Alstom. Alstom businesses had sales of 6 billion for the 2014/2015 fiscal year. Visit www.alstom.com to learn more about our business.Objective
- Specify and design overall tests: test architecture (test plan), test design (test cases)
- Prepare overall tests (tests sheets and tests scenario)
- Perform test sessions: run test procedures, produce test reports and associated Change Requests
- If applicable: perform customer accespatance tests, participate to site tests
- Specify, design, develop and validate test environment & tools (test bench, recording tools, simualted I/O ...)
- Peform investigations on defects detected on test bench or on site
- Estimate workload, realize scheduling and follow-up of validation activities
- Manage V&V work products under configuration management acording to Configuration Management Plan
- Ensure test traceability vs. requirements according to Requirements Management Plan
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- The new employee will be responsible for the validation of Alstom Signaling products for the North American Market, including rework to Legacy products.
- BS Degree in Engineering or related technical discipline.
- Masters Degree is a plus.
- It is required at least 5 years of experience working with signaling in areas such as V&V, Design or Application.
- Specific experience with Interlocking system is desired.
Alstom offers competitive salaries, an excellent benefits package, and flexible work options, as well as a uniquely diverse and unified team of professionals. Our culture supports an environment where employees can continuously learn and gain professional growth through education, exciting projects and career mobility. Alstom recognizes your achievements and excellent performance through various performance incentive, recognition and reward programs. Our commitment is to you, the employee.
Come work in an environment that is driven by integrity, innovation and visionary thinking. Make switch to a new track and join Alstom today!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. Alstom is a drug-free workplace.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
641 Lexington Avenue 28th Floor
New York United States
Accommodations for Applicants with Disabilities
Alstom provides reasonable accommodations and/or assistance to applicants with disabilities and disabled veterans (including but not limited to other protected veterans and individuals with known physical and mental limitations). If you need a reasonable accommodation/assistance for any part of the application and/or hiring process, please contact Alstom's Recruiting Department at firstname.lastname@example.org (please use "Accommodation Request" as the subject line)