Seeking a senior-level analyst to join our Long Range Planning team. Financial Services careers at CPS Energy are for those seeking to work in a high-performing, high-energy environment where financial services are executed with exceptional financial discipline, superb critical thinking, a high level of accountability and succinct communication to the customers we serve. You will collaborate with the brightest minds in the business to find innovative solutions to financial challenges and better ways to manage resources. The successful candidate will do their best work while capitalizing on upward and lateral mobility opportunities. Come join an organization that is a leader in the utility industry with a rich tradition of commitment to our employees, customers and community.
Key Essential Job Functions:
- Leads complex business modeling and financial analysis to support assessment and recommendations of key corporate strategic initiatives, including asset valuation.
- Coordinates closely with Strategic Pricing, Debt Management, Demand Side, Supply Side and Commercial Analytics teams to develop the long range financial plan for organization.
- Operates and maintains the corporate financial model to support the annual planning, monthly reforecasting, and periodic rate case processes.
- Performs ad-hoc financial analysis, such as break-even, rate of return, payback period, etc.
- Calculates and reports key financial performance metrics, including adjusted debt service coverage, debt/ capitalization, days cash on hand, etc., to the management team as indicators of the financial strength of the organization.
- Collaborates with different areas of the organization to review financial proposals and analyze associated financial models to assess value.
- Prepares management presentations and reports for use at Executive and Board meetings, Rating Agency Presentations, Rate Cases, City Council Meetings etc.
- Supports process improvement initiatives for the forecasting cycle, both within the team and with cross-functional teams.
- Communicates effectively with all levels of the organization (verbally and written) to identify and offer various solutions / options to problems and recommends courses of action.
- Provide leadership and functional mentoring of team members to support Managers in creating, coordinating, and maintaining procedures, processes, and general assumptions.
- Performs other duties and serves on special project teams as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in Finance, Economics, Math, Accounting, or other quantitative field from an accredited university combined with several years of demonstrated success in a position with similar level of analytical complexity.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent financial planning, problem solving, and analytical skills, with demonstrated track record of progressively complex analytical assignments and experiences in the areas of finance, accounting, economics, or other analytical business disciplines.
- Extensive knowledge on Microsoft suite products.
- Solid understanding of financial principles, financial statements and associated processes and tools.
- Ability to articulate the business problem to be analyzed, quickly identify the critical elements of the problem, achieve a high quality answer in a timely fashion, and synthesize answers that resonate with decision makers.
- Demonstrated ability to work with detailed information, producing high quality output which is precise, free of errors, and delivered in a timely manner.
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced, high profile environment with tight deadlines.
- Capable of effectively communicating complex ideas and analysis verbally, in document format (like MS Word), and in presentation format (like MS PowerPoint).
- Ability to provide a high degree of service to CPS Energy internal customers in responding to financial and operational analysis needs of the business.
- Ability to handle confidential and/or competitively sensitive data.
- Ability to deliver results with minimal supervision, both independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to establish and maintain strong working relationships with other team members, external counterparties, and with colleagues at all levels within CPS Energy.
- Ability to negotiate with others and use informal influence to achieve desired business outcomes and resolve conflicts.
- Demonstrated track record of achievement in professional and / or personal pursuits.
- A valid Texas driver's license with a history of a safe driving record, in accordance with CPS Energy policies, procedures, safety standards and applicable laws and regulations.
The following qualifications are preferred but not required for this position:
- Master's degree in Finance, Economics, Math, Accounting, or other quantitative field from an accredited university, CFA (Chartered Financial Analyst), CPA (Certified Public Accountant), CMA (Certified Management Accountant), or comparable professional designation.
- Experience with ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) solutions such as SAP, PeopleSoft, or Hyperion.
- Experience with the electric or gas utility industry gained through experience at an electric / gas utility, an investment bank, consultant, or other professional service provider serving the industry.
Texas United States
CPS Energy does not discriminate against applicants or employees. CPS Energy is committed to providing equal opportunity in all of its employment practices, including selection, hiring, promotion, transfers and compensation, to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, veteran status, pregnancy, age, disability, genetic information or any other protected status. CPS Energy will comply with all laws and regulations.