Administers database technology and systems responsible for backup, recovery, server architecture, performance tuning, security, auditing, metadata management, optimization, statistics, capacity planning, connectivity and other data solutions of mission critical database systems. Develops databases with SQL, stored procedures, triggers, transactional modeling, dimensional modeling, normalization, indexing methods, constraints and object usage.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Builds and maintains the ongoing operational functionality and efficiency of CPS Energy databases ensuring system performance, availability, reliability, security, recoverability and efficient usage of server infrastructure resources.
- Performs the capacity planning required to create and maintain corporate databases and processing demands.
- Provides all facets of database administration to production, development and quality assurance systems.
- Ensures database system security, change management, backup and recovery are maintained in compliance with corporate, state and federal regulations.
- Provides database solutions to solve complex business issues including data processing, loading, performance improvements, data storage and data replication.
- Diagnoses, troubleshoots and resolves database related issues including storage, performance, availability, data integrity and database security.
- Performs and automates database management, maintenance and data processing activities.
- Applies understanding of modern networks and operating systems as they pertain to database system architecture and functionality.
- Develop scripts to perform system maintenance, monitor systems, automate tasks, etc.
- Performs as technology subject matter expert for relational database management systems such as Oracle 11g and Oracle 12c.
- Modifies existing databases and database management systems or directs programmers and analysts to make changes with appropriate database objects such as indexes, tables, partitions, triggers, constraints, stored procedures, large objects, views etc.
- Works as part of a project team to coordinate database development and determine project scope and limitations.
- Writes and codes logical and physical database descriptions and specifies identifiers of database to management system or directs others in coding descriptions.
- Trains users, documents systems and answers questions.
- Specifies users and user access levels for each segment of database.
- Reviews project requests describing database user needs to estimate time and cost required to accomplish project.
- Develops standards and guidelines to guide the use and acquisition of software and to protect vulnerable information.
- Administers all database objects, including tables, clusters, indexes, views and sequences, packages and procedures.
- Assists with impact analysis of any changes made to database objects.
- Evaluates releases of Oracle and its tools, and third party products to ensure that the organization is running the products that are most appropriate.
- Troubleshoots issues associated with databases, applications and development tools and provides technical support to application development teams.
- Extensive experience in database administration.
- Strong knowledge of Oracle database administration in Unix, Linux and virtual environments
- Possess knowledge of performing detailed performance analysis and resource utilization of systems.
- Experience on Oracle Data Guard replication, backup and support of large scale databases.
- Experience with Oracle 12c container and pluggable databases.
- Experience with Golden Gate or similar replication tool.
- Strong understanding and experience of Oracle backup and restore procedures, including RMAN.
- A good knowledge of how Oracle acquires and manages resources.
- Experience in Unix, Linux and windows power shell scripting.
- Possess leadership experience to assure appropriate changes, upgrades, and enhancements are made based on technical analysis.
- Good knowledge of Oracle security management.
- Experience and knowledge in migrating code and database changes through the various stages of the development life cycle.
- Excellent troubleshooting and performance tuning skills.
- Working knowledge of project management concepts, tools and techniques.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities related to multiple projects at once and work collaboratively across organizational lines
- Good written and verbal communication skills. The ability to express oneself effectively within a group and in one-to-one conversations. The ability to convey information clearly and effectively through both formal and informal documents.
- Strong ability to organize information, manage tasks and use available tools to effectively contribute to a team and the organization.
- Proficient in MS Office Package, including work processing, spreadsheets, presentation software, electronic mail and scheduling.
- On-call rotation is required to support 24/7 environment and is also expected to be able to work outside business hours to support corporate needs.
- Must have favorable driving record.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Engineering, Computer Science or related field from an accredited university.
- Extensive experience as a Database Administrator with Oracle or other enterprise database technologies
- Demonstrated proficiency working with relational databases, data structures and/or database management systems
- Extensive experience supporting critical systems and providing technical solutions
- Senior level subject matter expert
- Master's degree in Information Systems or related field from an accredited university.
- Oracle certification.
- Utility Industry experience.
- Action oriented
- Communicates Effectively
- Customer Focus
- Nimble Learning
- Tech Savvy
Texas United States
General office and sedentary. Use of SAP Administration tools and Microsoft Office applications is required. Ability to travel to and from client meetings, training sessions and other business-related events. Use of personal computing equipment, telephone, multi-functioning printer and calculator. After hours work may be required. Overnight travel may be required. Physical demands are industry standard office environment.
CPS Energy does not discriminate against applicants or employees. CPS Energy is committed to providing equal opportunity in all of its employment practices, including selection, hiring, promotion, transfers and compensation, to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, veteran status, pregnancy, age, disability, genetic information or any other protected status. CPS Energy will comply with all laws and regulations.