The primary responsibility of this position is to design new products & modify existing products. The position requires the ability to organize and detail part drawings, create assembly drawings, and compile bills of material which reflect the manufacturing process.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for new projects from concept thru production and all phases in between.
- Create engineering specifications for your new projects with your team members.
- Create timelines for your projects and manage development of projects in order to meet these timelines.
- Create 3D models of new products and work with other Hubbell teams/manufacturers to iterate thru design reviews.
- Responsible for 2D drawings of all parts and assemblies.
- Use and apply GD&T to 2D drawings.
- Will include working with internal and external prototype, machine/tool vendors to manufacture parts.
- Participate in the testing of the products and improve the product design, as needed.
- Work closely with our electrical engineers to provide the final coordination of design layouts.
- Ensure products are designed and documented for manufacturing
- Conduct environmental & safety testing of products.
- Promote a safe working environment and follow all established Company safety policies, procedures and practices.
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area (5S).
- Perform any other tasks as assigned by Manager.
- Must have BSME Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Proficiency in Autodesk Inventor or other 3D modeling software
- Proficiency in MS Office Required
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to effectively interact and maintain effective relationships with other employees in our fast paced environment
- Strong analytical skills with excellent problem solving abilities
- Ability to work independently
- International and Domestic travel to our facilities and suppliers across the globe may be needed
- Knowledge of mechanical packaging of electronic products in the consumer goods industries a plus
- Hands on machine shop skills using lathe, mill, welder and other machine shop equipment a plus
P.O. Box 414
New York United States