As the Environmental Coordinator, you will make a significant contribution to Horizon's Environmental programs. The Environmental coordinator will support and provide guidance on bird, wildlife and fisheries programs. This position will report to the Lead of Research (Wetlands & Aquatics).
This position is based in Fort McMurray, Alberta and is eligible for:
- Relocation to Calgary or Fort McMurray
- Company Sponsored Fly-In/Fly-Out and Accommodations Program with charter flights from Calgary or Edmonton
How will you make your mark?
- Manage wildlife deterrent and monitoring crews
- Assess efficacy of environmental management programs and develop programs and systems to enhance capability
- Management of monitoring data and preparation of maps and reports
- Coordinate with regulatory agencies on matters pertaining to the wildlife deterrents, environmental monitoring and regulatory compliance
- Report wildlife related incidents internally and to regulatory agencies as required
- Assist academic researchers during their work on site
- Completion of supporting data and forms for regulatory application submissions
- Conduct inspection of facilities for environmental compliance tracking
- Attend multi-stakeholder committee meetings when required; this will occasionally involve travel to Edmonton or Calgary
- Undertake other project related duties as required
- Typically 3+ years' experience in the field of biology with a technical diploma or degree in a related discipline
- Excellent verbal and oral communication skills
- Experienced in writing reports for regulators and management
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills
- Highly motivated with the ability to work successfully both independently and within team situations
- Strong interpersonal skills; proven ability to interact with all levels of an organization
- Environmental field experience with an understanding of environmental issues within the Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel ,PowerPoint and ArcGIS
- Expertise in relevant environmental regulations and codes including:
- o Alberta Energy Regulator
- o Alberta Environment and Parks
- o Environment Canada
To see related Environmental/Regulatory roles at CNRL, visit: www.cnrl-careers.com/jobs/Environmental-Regulatory
COMPETITIVE SALARY - STOCK OPTIONS - STOCK SAVINGS PLAN - ANNUAL BONUSES - BENEFITS - LOCATION PREMIUMS - RELOCATION - FLY IN/FLY OUT AND ACCOMMODATIONS PROGRAM!
Canadian Natural Resources Limited
2100, 855 - 2 Street S.W.
Our Oil Sands Mining Operations
Horizon Oil Sands is a world class asset offering countless opportunities to advance your career. Comprised of surface oil sands mining and bitumen upgrading facilities, this vast project offers challenging opportunities in an environment where teamwork, innovation, and your expertise are valued. Apply your abilities using industry leading technologies and contribute to the success of the Horizon Oil Sands.
About Canadian Natural
At Canadian Natural, we strive to live through our mission statement: "To develop people to work together to create value for the Company's shareholders by doing it right with fun and integrity." As a leading oil and gas producer, our diverse combination of assets include light oil, heavy oil, in situ oil sands production, oil sands mining and upgrading facilities, and natural gas. At Canadian Natural, safety is a core value. We conduct all of our operations in a way that identifies, minimizes and mitigates harm to the health and safety of employees, contractors, the public and the environment.
Canadian Natural Resources Limited - CNRL - is a publicly traded company on the TSX and NYSE as CNQ.