AECOM is actively seeking a creative, highly talented Inspector for immediate employment in Gainesville, GA or Northeast Georgia area - District 1 GDOT. This position will support higher level technicians and engineers in functional areas such as construction inspection and surveying; scheduling and status; roadway design; traffic signal equipment; traffic signalization and geometrics; materials sampling, inspection, and testing. In this position, you will use a significant amount of decision making and use of judgment, as well as providing instructions to others.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Perform independent inspections of roadways and structure construction processes and materials to assure compliance with the construction contract
- May perform moderately complex inspections and conduct routine and standardized inspections; this includes inspecting asphalt and concrete for acceptable materials and mix; pavement for proper spreading, rolling, depth, alignment, and compaction; roadways and structures for conformance to plans and specifications; structural materials and members; placement of culverts; structural operations such as foundation excavation; placement of piling, reinforcing and structural steel, concrete and backfill; and traffic control and erosion control devices
- Perform complex variety of calculations and computations
- Perform contract documentation duties, which may include field measurements of pay items as well as other department required documentation
- High school diploma
- 2+ years of relevant work experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must possess a valid driver's license
- Graduation from a university with a degree in Civil Engineering or from a four-year college with a degree in Civil Engineering Technology and two (2) years of progressive transportation technical experience
- Graduation from a two-year technical college with a degree in Civil Engineering Technology and five (5) years of progressive transportation technical experience
- Graduation from high school and seven (7) years of progressive transportation technician experience for a State Highway Agency; or an equivalent combination of training and directly related experience
- Knowledge of materials, methods, and equipment used in highway construction and of mathematical functions including geometry and trigonometry
- Drafting skills
- Ability to read and interpret construction plans, contract provisions and inspection procedures
Requisition No. 163189BR
Alabama United States
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow.
AECOM is an equal opportunity employer and Minorities, Females, Veterans, and Disabled persons are encouraged to apply.