- Calculate fits, tolerances, strengths, weights, electrical, circuit parameters and similar items. Anticipate manufacturing and/or customer requirement and problems and develop design solutions.
- Coordinate the drafting work and be responsible for all drawings pertinent to design of customer order project.
- Consult with engineers or managers on problems relating to a design or customer order project. Consult with other departments as required to obtain or provide information.
- Assist colleagues on shop floor in checking both for accuracy and adherence to established procedures.
- Fabricate more complex (model) prototypes; set up more complex laboratory tests or experiments requiring resourcefulness and creativity.
- Gather, review and interpret data for presentation to engineers or managers.
- Checks work to assure conformance with Asheville Plant's quality standards.
- An understanding of math, physics, chemistry, machine design and electrical theory.
- Understanding drafting principles and design concepts
- Demonstrated proficiency in problem solving techniques and ability to troubleshoot customer or manufacturing problems in the data gathering mode as well as seek guidance for solutions.
- Associates Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering Technology from an accredited institution required.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship
- No relocation is provided. Only candidates within 50 miles of the Arden, NC facility will be considered.
- Must be able to work effectively without direct supervision
- Must be able to work mandated/scheduled overtime which could include weekdays and weekends
- 3+ years' experience as a Copper Installer
- Understanding of LVA Switchgear
- Computer skills - Microsoft Office, CAD, Inventor 3D, Internet, etc.
Requisition ID: 036349
1000 Eaton Boulevard
Ohio United States
Eaton is a power management company with 2016 sales of $19.7 billion. We provide energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton is dedicated to improving the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. Eaton has approximately 95,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit Eaton.com. At Eaton we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently - if you're determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you - then it's time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information visit www. Eaton.com/careers.