This role is responsible for repairing, performing preventative maintenance, and installing equipmentnecessary for blending and bulk handling operations. This includes but is not limited to: pumps, motors, instrumentation, PLC's, piping, valves, etc. This requires that maintenance personnel be skilled in a verity of crafts including but not limited to: mechanical, electrical, instrumentation, PLC's/Computer controls, pipe fitting, welding, and general maintenance. Additionally, this position will be responsible for L-GAME compliance, spare parts inventory and providing site specific Safety Training and oversight to contractors and 3rd party maintenance providers.
- Primary interface with operations to support work identification and prioritization through L-GAME.
- Single point of contact for maintenance activities
- Follow applicable operating/maintenance procedures and policies, such as Permit to Work and Lock Out Tag Out (LOTO) and MOC standards
- Be the sight focal point on L-GAME, R&I Assessments and Operator Care activities.
- Represents maintenance execution at daily Tiered meetings
- Insure that maintenance work process conducted as per LGAME
- Champions maintenance execution issues with operations.
- Maintains inventory of parts/tools/consumable items to support all maintenance activities.
- Must have legal authorization to work in the U.S.
- Able to operate industrial equipment (Forklift, JLG, Scissor Lift)
- Able to work at heights and in ambient temperature experienced in the PNW
- College Degree with emphasis in Manufacturing, Engineering, Operations (preferred)
- 5+ years' experience in Maintenance and/or Production activities
- Minimum 2 years' work experience at a manufacturing site preferred OR relevant Military experience
- Affinity toward engaging with leaders and co-workers in problem solving, demonstrating a supportive style of engagement, and good inquiry/analytical skills
- Effective communication skills (presentation, effective conversations, written)
- Strong facilitation skills (team work and team building)
- Working knowledge of L-GAME or equivalent Maintenance software systems is preferred
- Practical Lean/ Continuous Improvement experience in applying Continuous Improvement and Lean tools (i.e. value stream mapping; identifying and eliminating waste, 5s, Kaizen facilitation, etc.) preferred
- Skilled in use of MS-Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook
- Must be authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis without the requirement of a work visa
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Willing to work outside in inclement weather with or without accommodation
- Willing to work in compact and confined spaces with or without accommodation
- Willing to climb ladders, walk up and down steps, and work at heights with or without accommodation
- Willing to respond to emergencies as part of the Emergency Response Team with or without accommodation
- To attend to emergencies, successful candidates must reside within 60 minutes of the site, or be willing to relocate to within 60 minutes of the site without relocation assistance
- Willing to work a rotating shift work schedule
- Willing to work overtime, holidays, nights, and weekends
- Willing to be on call and meet call-out standards to respond to site responsibilities and emergencies
- Possess a current, valid license to operate a motor vehicle in the United States
- Must currently hold or be able to qualify to receive a Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) card. Note, information regarding TWIC qualification standards may be found at www.tsa.gov/what_we_do/layers/twic/index.shtm
- Possess or are you able to obtain Hazardous Materials certification
- As a part of the pre-employment selection process, candidates are required to submit to and receive satisfactory results from all pre-employment background, drug, medical, and reference checks, including hair drug testing.
- Are you willing to submit to all pre-employment checks? Willing to support the company's drug-free work environment, which will include random drug screenings
- Willing to support and comply with the company's harassment-free work environment policy
- Willing to support and comply with the company's safety policies and initiatives
- Willing to support and comply with the company's diversity and inclusion work environment policies
- Willing to attend and achieve satisfactory results on pre-employment testing.
Starting salary is $31.73 per hour
Shell Canada Limited/ Head Quarters
P.O. Box 100 Station M
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorized Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell participates in E-Verify.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.