The CFO is responsible for directing the fiscal functions of the corporation in accordance with GAAP and all standards of the Financial Accounting Standards Board, International Accounting Standards Board, the Securities and Exchange Commission, and other regulatory and advisory organizations.
Candidate must have utility, software and hardware sales or energy project finance experience with attention to emerging technologies and renewables.
- Collect monthly close package from finance department to review, consolidate and distribute.
- Review finance department’s journal entries, accruals and COGS analysis
- Timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial reports and financial trends in order to assist the CEO/President, the Board and other executives in performing their responsibilities.
- Plan, develop, organize, implement, direct and evaluate the organization's fiscal function and performance.
- Participate in the development of the corporation's plans and programs as a strategic partner.
- Evaluate and advise on the impact of long range planning, introduction of new programs/strategies and regulatory action.
- Enhance and/or develop, implement and enforce policies and procedures of the organization that will improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the corporation.
- Provide technical financial advice and knowledge to others within the finance department.
- Continual improvement of the budgeting process through education of department managers on financial issues impacting department budgets.
- Provide strategic financial input and leadership on decision making issues affecting the organization; i.e., evaluation of potential alliances acquisitions and/or mergers and investments.
- Develop a reliable cash flow projection process and reporting mechanism that includes minimum cash threshold to meet operating needs.
- Be an advisor from the financial perspective on any contracts into which the corporation may enter.
- Evaluate the finance team plan for continual improvement of the efficiency and effectiveness of the group as well as provide individuals with professional growth
This position is responsible for the direct supervision of the controller/finance department and general oversight of budget holder spend activities.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher; CPA preferred
- 10+ Years in advanced financial advising and controls
- Multi-Currency consolidated statements and intercompany eliminations
- Technology or Utility/Energy background and interest
- Preferred: M&A and strategic partnerships
- Preferred: Foreign investment/finance integration
- Preferred: Energy Project Financing
Salary, Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, ESOP