Hubbell Incorporated is an international manufacturer of quality electrical and electronic products for a broad range of non-residential and residential construction, industrial and utility applications. With 2016 revenues of $3.5 billion, Hubbell Incorporated operates manufacturing facilities in the United States, Canada, Switzerland, Puerto Rico, Mexico, the People's Republic of China ("China"), Italy, the United Kingdom, Brazil and Australia. Hubbell also participates in joint ventures in Taiwan and Hong Kong, and maintains sales offices in Singapore, China, India, Mexico, South Korea, and countries in the Middle East. The corporate headquarters is located in Shelton, CT.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- This position works directly on the Production floor and interfaces directly with Manufacturing, Engineering, Marketing, Purchasing, Production Control, Quality, and Accounting to implement the division's technical objectives as they apply to the manufacturing operation.
- Complete a wide range of assignments which include developing and improving manufacturing methods and processes utilizing Lean tools and methodologies.
- Provide input on tooling and machine designs; develop cost estimates and plant layouts and implementing cost improvement projects.
- Make recommendations as appropriate for tool and process changes aimed at improving overall efficiency and utilization of resources.
- Develop and document manufacturing processes. Create standard work for all manufacturing operations.
- Coordinate initial production runs of assigned projects, to include operator training, work station layout, verification and documentation of prescribed manufacturing methods, and establish production standards.
- Request and evaluate quotations from vendors for equipment and services to be purchased, and recommend purchases based on such evaluations.
- Prepare project proposals and economic justifications for the procurement of capital investment.
- Work closely with Facility Planning personnel to implement changes as outlined on Engineering Change Notices. (BOM and product routing updates, development of standard work.
- Drive and participate in initiatives supporting the facility safety programs and development of a lean culture.
Other relevant information
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.