Hubbell Incorporated currently has an opportunity for a Compensation Manager developing and providing support for the implementation of compensation programs that provide a competitive level of pay and rewards to employees of Hubbell, based out of our Shelton, CT office.
This role will report directly to the VP of Compensation, Benefits & HR Systems. This position ensures that the programs remain competitive within the industry, attract and retain employees, comply with government regulations, and are cost effective. The primary functions of the position are, but not limited to; compensation modeling and analyses, competitive benchmarking, compensation expense planning/forecasting, facilitating the annual salary, bonus and long-term incentive processes, preparation of senior management exhibits, coordinating bonus accruals, preparing base salary budgets and analytics, and partnering with clients on a wide variety of human capital analytics requests (including, but not limited to: promotions, hiring, talent, attrition, workforce activity, and ad-hoc requests).
The successful candidate will be expected to act as a business partner and subject matter expert around compensation. Ensuring high levels of visibility and autonomy, is also expected to partner with leaders to understand business objectives, while proactively delivering results.
Essential Job Duties:
- Responsible for the development, implementation, and management of base salary and variable pay policies and programs based on business needs and by using best practice information.
- Conducts competitive compensation assessments for base salary and variable pay by overseeing participation in salary surveys and the analysis of results.
- Oversees administration of the annual salary planning, short-term, and long-term incentive processes.
- Leads the implementation compensation programs, initiatives and strategies to align total compensation with the company's philosophy and business objectives.
- Recommends strategies to maintain equity with current compensation trends and programs and recommends new or improved compensation plans consistent with marketplace practices.
- Reviews and contributes to the design of Executive Compensation models and practices.
- Serves as the escalation point for complex or "out of policy" Compensation decisions.
- Work with business partners and recruiters on compensation matters, including job evaluations and providing recommendations for various compensation actions.
- Leads annual compensation planning process (e.g., salary planning, cash incentive plans, and long-term incentive awards).
- Analyzes current compensation program data for future recommendations.
- Acts as subject matter expert for the compensation HRIS systems utilize
- Manages vendor partners.
- Serve as a resource for Senior Management, Global and Local HR Partners, by providing guidance on policies, market pay practices and applicable laws.
Other relevant information
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class