The primary responsibility of the Production Buyer/Planner is to insure that material flow is monitored frequently, and modified as necessary, so that product is manufactured in a timely manner. Responsible for maintaining planning forecast. Will apply detailed understanding of the manufacturing processes to planning component needs and material flow. Will plan own work schedule to accomplish specific duties. Maintains material master relative to production planning. Monitors exception messages in SAP; adjust schedules accordingly.
- Maintain a working knowledge of all manufacturing processes, procedures, and fabrication equipment.
- Maintain MPS.
- Forecast management
- Review production reports; plan production activity for the production areas necessary to meet weekly production schedule.
- Meet daily with manufacturing supervisors and production manager to discuss production schedules and problems, in order to be aware of coming week's production needs (related to stock, non-standards, and work orders).
- Check production schedule and actual work in process for production and material flows.
- Work with supervisors to keep all promised dates.
- Respond to all shop floor inquiries as soon as practical.
- Question any computer data entry that appears wrong or misleading.
- Resolve parts supply problems.
- Maintain a working knowledge of all the Company's safety procedures.
- As needed, recommend changes in Company policy that would improve product design and manufacture.
Other relevant information
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected class.