Working within department guidelines, plan and direct the Inside Sales activities for HPW products and services in the international and domestic markets. Provide quality customer service while implementing proactive sales and cost reduction practices that will contribute towards continued sales growth. Ensure prompt, courteous and efficient processing of inquiries, orders, order expedites, quotations, returns, credits, export documents and general correspondence for all customers. Provide product technical and application assistance. Convert competitive BOMs for project quotes. Prepare margin analysis and quote price proposals for international market. Coordinate and monitor order requirements shipping from international suppliers direct to international customers.
- Develop knowledge of the industry, competitive market and the sales process to work as a team with field sales to ensure optimum service to each account. Enhance the FSR effort by developing strong service ties with assigned customer base and providing feedback and follow-up on significant quotations, key contacts, sales leads, potential problems, trends, competition, policy and product updates.
- Coordinate the information flow between sales and other departments to efficiently handle and respond to; customer orders, expedite requests, technical/product questions, quotations, return/credit requests, new customer applications, literature & sample requests and general inquiries. Maintain up-to-date centralized records (in all HPW databases) of all key contacts as well as any special terms and conditions for assigned accounts. Includes; addresses, telephone and fax numbers, email addresses, SIC numbers and titles.
- Maintain a strong technical understanding of all HPW products and programs and how they relate to Industry standards in order to provide technical/product application assistance to the HPW customer base (Distributor, CIs, End-Users).
- With the goal of maximizing sales and profits develop pricing rationale for significant job opportunities, quote and negotiate price and availability for assigned accounts daily, and for all accounts when required as a back-up.
- Cross-reference competitive bills of material for the purpose of converting job quotations and bids into new sales opportunities.
- Provide accurate product/application pricing by being technically adept at building quotations for specialty products in the configuration database.
- Stage and monitor all material required for very large, critical on-time delivery orders to assist operations with material planning requirements and to ensure customer service satisfaction to promote ongoing and future sales.
- Enhance sales through continual cross selling of our product sets, i.e. if faceplates and jacks are called out, ask about patch panels, cable management and relay racks, etc.
- Continually utilize our inventory to sell applications, i.e. recommend the substitution of something that we have in stock that is an acceptable replacement for an out-of- stock item. Recommend alternative items on quotes/inquiries to meet competitive levels.
- Provide positive impact to product line margins through analysis and negotiation of customer returns to exclude the return of obsolete material and to minimize the return of any excess material back into Hubbell stock.
- Provide positive impact to profitability through analysis and negotiation of freight costs prior to processing of special requests.
- Interpret and analyze product complaints (interfacing with Product Managers and QAME) through the identification, processing and follow-up on Product Complaints and Warranty Claims, recognizing the significance of the situation and starting the workflow and decision-making involved with accurately and promptly addressing the customer complaint.
- Provide input on departmental proactive sales programs, cost reduction programs, procedural changes and productivity improvements that will contribute towards continued sales and profit growth.
- Review orders for accuracy and correct as needed, documenting changes for future reference. Promptly acknowledge all orders to customers highlighting corrections and lead times. Expedite orders and trace shipments.
- Prepare quote check- list, competitive information and follow-up on significant quotations for special projects.
- Within established guidelines and procedures, process all returns, customer feedback forms, credits and adjustments. RGAs/Feedbacks/Credits/Trouble Logs to be processed within 72 hours. Bring large volume returns ($5,000 or greater) to the immediate attention of supervisor.
- Process manual billings for orders when applicable within 24 hours after receipt of shipping information.
- Participate in industry trade shows, travel to major accounts and potential customers as needed.
- Provide excellence in customer service by immediately picking up on incoming calls (includes calls to co-workers) and responding to voice mails and emails within a one half hour timeframe.
- Mandatory requirement to support Customer Service extended hours by working one assigned day per week on a 9:30 A.M. to 6:00 P.M. shift. The day will be assigned at the discretion of the supervisor.
- The candidate should have:
- B. S. in Business Administration or a related field.
- Customer Service experience.
- Solid organizational, analytical and prioritizing skills.
- Willingness to work as a team player capable of juggling many requirements in a fast paced environment.
- Microsoft Office skill set, particularly in excel.
- SAP experience is preferred.
Req Id 55102
40 Waterview Drive
Other relevant information
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected class.