Corix Utilities develops customized water, wastewater and energy infrastructure systems and provides field-metering services for customers all across North America. Our customers include municipalities, resort properties, gas, water and electric utilities, developers and institutions. Corix has more than 70 years of experience designing, building, financing and managing the vital utility infrastructure systems required for communities to grow and thrive.
We currently have exciting positions available for Meter Readers. If you are someone who likes a challenge, is looking to expand your career and having fun at work; you'll fit right in! You'll be surrounded by team players that share that same set of passions.
Corix Utilities has an immediate career opportunity for a Meter Reader. This position is home based in the Auburn-Kent, WA area and our main office is located in Kirkland, Washington. You should reside within a 12-15 mile radius of Auburn-Kent, WA.
- This position is responsible for reading gas or electric meters and record volume used by residential and commercial consumers to ensure accurate consumption and billing. Reads routes containing between 50-200 meters as assigned.
- Reports from own residence at beginning of shift by punching a virtual time clock. Downloads, via reliable internet connection, route information into a company provided computer. Organizes route maps/plans route.
- Drives and walks route using company assigned vehicle. May drive up to 50-100 miles per day. Paid commute to assigned work.
- Locates gas or electric meter and determines if it is accessible/poses safety hazards. If meter is in the building, gets permission from occupant to enter (there must be an adult occupant, 18 yrs. of age or older in order for reader to enter). Checks computer for utility information to verify meter number and to see if there are any notes about site (i.e., location of meter, obstacles, and dogs). Gathers usage information from the meter and enters the data into the computer.
- If customer has questions about services, directs them to utility customer service.
- Inspects meter and connections for defects, damage and unauthorized use if required per contract.
- Maintains and secures company equipment and confidential information.
- At end of shift, reports via phone to Supervisor and uploads all completed work through the computer. Labels any photographs taken of meter observations and uploads those to a shared private server, replies/sends any necessary emails, punches a virtual time clock to end shift.
- High School Diploma or equivalent. Must hold a valid driver's license.
- Must pass Meter-Pro test
- Must have home internet access with a reliable connection.
Prefer applicants that reside within a 12-15 mile radius of Auburn-Kent, WA.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Attention to detail and accuracy to record meter data
- Ability to read, write, and follow and complete written instructions.
- Ability to key data into computer. Basic computer skills helpful.
- Ability to communicate and interact with customers in a professional manner.
- Ability to walk up to 5 miles daily, which includes stairs and unpaved/rough terrain areas.
Work Context/Mental Demands/Physical Demands:
This position requires working outdoors in all-weather environments including rain, snow, extreme cold, or high heat. Requires travel by car; may be exposed to road related hazards. Walking up to 5 miles daily which includes walking at a brisk pace, climbing stairs and walking on unpaved/rough terrain areas.
Ability to perform physical duties such as lifting up to 30 lbs. unassisted, walking, kneeling, twisting, turning, stooping, reaching, and bending; repeated getting in and out of vehicle. Exposed to unknown hazards at resident sites such as dogs. Must use safety equipment as assigned.
Requisition ID 1222
Salary & Benefits
These full time positions offer a highly competitive wage, paid vacation/ holidays and outstanding benefits to include comprehensive medical dental and vision insurance, along with a 401K program with company matching.
Salary Range :15.00 To 16.00 (USD) Hourly
Suite 100, 11020 West Plank Court
Wisconsin United States