This position reports to the Director, Strategic Sourcing & Global Logistics Crouse-Hinds Business. As the Logistics Manager, the primary concerns of the incumbent are to apply and utilize knowledge of transportation law, federal and state regulations, freight classification, routing, rates, tracing, expediting and claims for both inbound and outbound shipments. Actively negotiates with carriers' representatives, locally, nationally, and internationally.
The incumbent will represent Crouse-Hinds on the Eaton Corporate Logistics Council, to obtain optimum rates and service. The incumbent must know and maintain computer transportation rate maintenance, auditing and billing systems to effectively control and manage the payment of freight invoices. Gives courteous consideration to customers in terms of requested service, interacting verbally and via written media with customers; provides customized service like priority routing, expediting, tracing, tailgating, overnight, exclusive use, mediation of carrier/customer problems; direct or reconsign shipments when consignee is changed.
Essential Responsibilities :
- The incumbent operates and maintains a convenient accessible system of adequate customer service shipment records; files of records for required legal period of bills of lading and freight invoices; files of published tariffs, routing guides and other shipment compliance regulation data.
- Recommends the establishment of and participates in the implementation of various distribution facilities like breakpoint, and regional distribution centers as result of the analysis of logistic model outputs.
- Keeps current on developments in transportation field, both domestic and international; carrier practices, tariff regulations, governmental regulations/law, legal judgments, export law, policies, procedures; interprets and advises management of impact to Eaton's Crouse-Hinds business.
- Conducts continuing studies on transportation costs using shipment history and geographic distribution statistical data together with forecasted cost of different modes and vendors of transportation in efforts to reduce transportation expense.
- Maintains contacts with subsidiaries and other Eaton Crouse-Hinds manufacturing /shipping locations to act as an advisor on transportation matters and otherwise assist them with developing and maintaining cost effective and efficient transportation.
- The Logistics Manager works closely with the Customer Service Managers, Warehouse Management, and Field Sales Management providing routing information, expedited services and recommendations to make timely deliveries of products to support customer service objectives. The Logistics Manager works closely with Field Sales personnel concerning aspects of fleet operations.