Eaton has an opening on the Industrial Sector Engineering Center of Excellence team for a Lead-Controls Engineer that can reside at either Eaton's Galesburg, MI or Southfield, MI location. This position is part of a team developing embedded control systems for vehicle applications. As a Lead Controls Engineer, you will use you unique skills and technical knowledge to lead multiple large scale projects while working with global teams. You will design, develop, and test embedded controls algorithms. You will also perform failure and root cause analyses, investigate and troubleshoot issues, coordinate all work within the scope and ensure project objectives are met. Prepare/review documents including cost estimates, appropriation requests, project schedules, design and instruction specifications, and technical reports. You will be expected to understand and incorporate external trends into relevant projects and provides work leadership, auditing, consulting and mentoring to technical staff. In this role you will work with engineers located in other locations in the U.S., Europe and India.
- Defines embedded system level and algorithm requirements to meet product performance and reliability requirements.
- Invents and develop embedded control system strategies. Use debugging and simulation tools to efficiently perform design iterations and optimization.
- Verifies solutions created by you or other team members through simulation, sub-system, hardware-in-the-loop and vehicle level testing.
- Champions and document improvements to the engineering standard work processes we use to engineer our products.
- Utilizes FMEA process to enhance design robustness. Contribute to continued enhancement of Core Embedded Software to support additional product features.
- Develops validation and verification test plans at a unit, sub-system and vehicle level to fully validate requirements. Analyze vehicle data from test and customer vehicles to investigate, identify, and resolve issues and performance complaints.