This position is responsible for the development of new repairs for the Ducting Repair business. Additionally, the role interfaces with various vendors/suppliers and will be required to develop new repair sources. This role develops component drawings and works with suppliers to procure them in a short lead time environment.
- Obtain FAA/EASA/CAAC approval via a Consultant DER
- Coordinate with all functional and service groups to meet customer requirements, drive performance, achieve or exceed financial plans, and execute strategic goals.
- Manage and execute the development of new repair design processes and equipment
- Evaluate competitor products
- Develop cost effective repair procedures for Eaton and non-Eaton product
- Develop and execute new regulatory approvals with various government regulatory agencies
- Know your customers (internal and external), Be proactive and responsive, Keep your promises, and Create value.
- Proactively implement, promote and maintain a safe working environment, through diligence in accident prevention, investigation, equipment maintenance, consistent policy enforcement and good corporate citizenship.
- Demonstrate knowledge of relevant issues - customers, markets, products, suppliers, competition, technology trends, economic drivers and financial indicators.
- Assume personal accountability for hitting targets
- Provide and foster frequent and effective two-way communication
- Demonstrate active listening and resolve issues/concerns in a timely manner.
- Comply with all required regulatory approvals for Repair Station
- Partner with other members of the repair development team for new repair schemes.
- Support and attend visits to customers to promote repair capabilities as requested
- Support all customer and regulatory audits as needed
- Ability to learn multiple product families (hose & tube assemblies, ducting assemblies, flexible joints and sealing technologies)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to learn materials planning systems (MRP/ERP) requirements/order generation process logic.
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing concepts and tool sets as they relate to production management.
- Ability to participate in and direct cross-functional process improvement teams.
- Ability to learn Blueprint and acquire GD&T knowledge
Eaton's Beltsville, MD Aerospace site is located in the greater metro area for both Washington D.C. and Baltimore, MD. An international presence is always felt, as the cities serve as a melting pot for cultures from around the world. These areas are full of experiences and cultures including; national monuments and memorials, waterfront views and boating, award-winning restaurants, sporting events for every fan, renowned performing arts, historical museums, a locally loved music scene, and hip and historic neighborhoods to explore. To top it all off, navigating these locations is a breeze, whether on foot or bicycle or via a highly efficient public transit system.
Our Beltsville, MD manufacturing facility is home to 400+ passionate and creative team members. Our products power hundreds of military and commercial aircraft platforms with a focus on improved reliability, weight reduction and fuel efficiency. Components & products developed at our location are used for the Mar's Rover, protecting the Declaration of Independence, and keeping passengers cool and safe as they travel to their favorite vacation destinations. Eaton's comprehensive portfolio sets the industry standard for engineering excellence, customized solutions for today's industry needs while developing new technologies for next-generation aircraft designs. If you're looking for work that is engaging, exciting, and meaningful then join us and contribute to making what matters work.
Basic Qualifications (Including Educational Requirements)
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering from an accredited institution is required.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience working with mechanical component or system repair, design and manufacturing.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- No relocation is being offered for this position. Only candidates residing within a 50 mile radius of Beltsville, MD will be considered.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- FAA Designee Certification
- Bachelor's degree in Aerospace Engineering
- Experience working with the FAA to develop and approve DER repairs
- Experience working with engines and airframe manufacturers in a product support role
- Specific experience working with aircraft ducting and metallic tubing/hoses