Eaton is seeking a 2nd Shift Production Supervisor to be based at our Worcester, MA facility.
Hours: Monday-Friday 2:00pm-10:00pm
In this role, you will develop, direct and coordinate plant resources to deliver continuous improvement in safety, quality, productivity, business systems and process standardization to meet customer demands in the most cost effective manner. Additionally, you will be responsible for fostering an environment which promotes Eaton's goals, values and philosophies in every business aspect.
- Conduct appropriate training and area audits to ensure that safe work practices are consistently and constantly employed throughout the facility.
- Lead the elimination of safety hazards.(MESH)
- Clearly communicate expectations and consistently hold self and employees accountable for performance.
- Assume personal accountability for achieving targets despite a challenging environment.
- Collaborate with peers and leadership to determine key Strategy, goals & objectives, and corresponding metrics.
- Review and amend actions to ensure timely achievement of goals and objectives for self and direct reports.
- Establish and maintain positive employee relations environment by adherence to Eaton's Values and Philosophy.
- Coordinate, review and approve production activities developed between production coordinators, supply chain planners, maintenance, and quality assurance in keeping with effective operations and cost factors.
- Maintain optimum production and utilization of human resources, machines, and equipment.
- Lead the implementation of improvements and corrective actions based on root causes for safety observations, material shortages, machine or equipment defects and causes for delays.
- Reduce cost of operations by facilitating the implementation of lean manufacturing concepts, cost reductions, and continuous improvements. Initiate Kaizen events as necessary to achieve best in class operations.
- Communicate & enforce all policies, practices and benefits through effective leadership techniques to ensure fair and equitable treatment of all people working in the facility.
- Manage the performance and development of direct reports. Effectively and swiftly recognize, coach, counsel & correct employees to support/maintain Eaton's Values and Philosophy.
- Utilize leadership skills & techniques that support high levels of satisfaction, productivity and quality
- Maintain departmental personnel records and reports on productivity, quality, and attendance.
- Maintain all departmental, work, vacation, overtime and related schedules.
- Demonstrate and communicate Eaton's best practices, ethics, values and philosophy such that these cultural attributes are incorporated throughout the organization on a daily basis.
- Fosters an environment that promotes Eaton's goals, philosophies, and encourages continuous improvement.
- Foster employee acceptance and drive successful implementation of plant initiatives launched by support functions.
- Implement and support behavioral based zero incident safety culture