The Senior Manufacturing Engineer plans, coordinates and executes major manufacturing engineering activities to support production and quality objectives to meet and exceed customer expectations. The Senior Manufacturing Engineer is a process owner of the Tester Equipment in the manufacturing process and leads all associated Engineering tasks to implement, maintain, and improve the process.
- Performs root cause and failure analyses as required on machines and quality concerns
- Leads engineering activities in implementing new Supercharger programs and machine upgrades.
- Supports current products in production through product engineering located at plant facility or in support location.
- Evaluates progress of manufacturing engineering projects and recommends and executes changes in objectives or procedures.
- Supports preparation of engineering departmental budgets, capital plans and strategic action plans, as well as participates in the creation, implementation, and administration of departmental policies, procedures, and work instructions.
- Assists in the creation of cost reduction programs and projects to meet goals.
- Represents Engineering at major customer meetings covering program direction, development or quality issues.
- Coordinates and supports manufacturing and maintenance functions to improve the availability of equipment by reducing down time
- Working knowledge of manufacturing operations and applies that knowledge to resolve manufacturing concerns. (Includes special knowledge in machining and coating, controls, automation, robotics, in process testing, etc.)
- Supports Product Engineering management on launching Supercharger projects.
- Manage Major Outsourced Vendors as needed
- Champions development and implementation of new engineering systems and processes. Improves existing engineering systems and processes. Trains others in the use of engineering systems.
- Plans and executes the activities for identifying, procuring, installing, and debugging new production equipment and data acquisition systems with specialized sensors and signal conditioning. Develops and applies technical and diagnostic skills to verify functionality of production equipment.
- Maintains understanding of products, manufacturing processes, and product applications. Local expert in assigned projects.
- Maintain annual lock out, tag out and Electrical Safety certification.