This is a professional position providing specialized ETL support to multiple Enterprise applications and projects utilizing Extract, Transform & Load (ETL) technologies. Primary this function will have support responsibility for the daily and weekly Informatica data loads into Eaton's mission critical Enterprise Datawarehouse. This individual will be responsible for addressing load issues, load performance and demand/capacity problems working in partnership with broader ETL group. The individual will participate and support technical aspects of ETL delivery including release and production deployment.
Essential functions include, but are not limited to:
A. Assume primary responsibilities for all aspects of ETL Integration support and performance:
Provide end to end support for all ETL processes and systems. Function as a primary point of contact for any ETL support requests
Single point contact for ETL support queue, responsible for quick incident / request analysis and redirecting the same to respective support group for closure. Primary responsible for work assignment and closure tracking.
Monitor ETL load schedules, proactive issue management to ensure ETL schedules achieve SLAs
Collaborate and resolve technical ETL related issues with business and technical teams
Collaborate with developers and business analyst to identify ETL CIs and performance opportunities
Work with ETL architects on capacity / demand management
Work with ETL architects and leverage DAC for task scheduling , workflow management and maintenance activities
Collaborate with application owners address any data quality concerns/issues
Identify and address any ETL architectural standards issues with Development manager.
Participate with release team to understand changes to production rollout/support.
Drive problem management for repetitive issues across ETL platform
Enhance and maintain ETL support processes and documentation. Maintain the integrity of the ETL environments.
B. Support ETL stability and scalability:
Enhance ETL proactive monitoring
Support implementation of ETL integration applications.
Ensure technology-related best practices and processes with ETL
Support performance, scaling and infrastructure modeling of ETL integration applications.
C. Ensure ETL support procedures are maintained to high standard - owner ETL maturity assessment process
D. Support implementation of ETL integration enhancements / continuous improvements.
E. Assume responsibilities for service architecture and support of Information Integration applications including:
F. Identify opportunities to provide business value through process or performance tuning
G. Participate in support ownership transition as projects complete warranty phase
H. Foster and maintain good relationships with customers and IT colleagues and meet expected customer service levels (SLAs).
I. Considers maintainability, scalability and performance daily. Works with architect teams to ensure a highly performing design using best practices and standards.
J. Keep current on information integration core technologies as it relates to ETL framework
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution required
- Minimum 2 yrs within ETL integration ( Informatica PowerCenter )
- Working knowledge of supporting Informatica applications
- Must be legally authorized to work in the US on a permanent and consistent basis without company sponsorship now and in the future.
- Must be located within 150 miles of Beachwood, OH. No relocation benefit is being offered
- Understanding of ETL architecture, design, development and implementation principles across Enterprise platforms
- Experience working with large data sets and multi-million row very large database structures
- Experience with data analysis concepts to determine accuracy/integrity and identify performance opportunities
- Working knowledge of DAC
- Knowledge of BI concepts including ETL, data warehousing, reporting and related tools
- Knowledge of Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition (OBIEE) analytical application
- Understanding of UNIX/Linux environments including infrastructure, hardware sizing, multi-tier platform, servers and tool based solutions
- 2+ years' experience working within global teams , good communications skills
- Preferred, Experience working with Enterprise Oracle OBIEE platforms
Job ID 028443
1000 Eaton Boulevard
Ohio United States