- Keep abreast of new technology developments and evaluate for use in Willbros environment. Present solutions to management team and executives when necessary
- Be part of an on call rotation for periodic coverage on weekends. Be available for outages to update systems and applications
- Provision, install, test, support, and maintain hardware and software for server systems. Experience managing HP C class enclosures a plus
- Monitor server hardware enviroment. Utilize redundant systems and monitoring tools to minimize downtime and impact to users
- Monitor server software and services. Minimize downtime by identifying and resolving problems before they impact the user community
- Configure and monitor backup systems to ensure data protection. Experience with Veritas Netbackup and Barracuda a plus
- Documentation - Documentation for all the above
- Travel to other locations for 4-5 days possible once or twice a year
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, MIS or Information Technology, industry recognized certifications, or equivalent experience
- 5 years of experience managing server/storage environments.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Expert level knowledge of Active Directory and Windows Server 2008+ administration
- Strong knowledge of TCP/IP including IP addressing, subnetting, DHCP/DNS and default gateways.
- Strong knowledge of VMWare environments
- Strong knowledge of Citrix XenApp 7.5 a plus
- Experience with AWS and Microsoft Azure a plus
- Proficient in powershell scripting
- Experience with file and email archiving solutions (Zantaz/EAS in particular) a plus
- Familiarity with storage provisioning and SAN architecture, including HP EVA/P2000, NetApp FAS, Nimble, and Fiberchannel and ISCSI storage protocols
- Familiarity with designing and managing data center power, cooling and battery backup solutions.
- Experience with information security a plus
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft SQL and Exchange 2007/2010 a plus
4400 Post Oak Pkwy #1000
Texas United States