UNS Energy Corporation, headquartered in Tucson, Arizona, is a subsidiary of Fortis Inc., the largest investor-owned electric and gas distribution utility in Canada. UNS Energy Corporation's public utility subsidiaries, Tucson Electric Power Company, UNS Electric, Inc. and UNS Gas, Inc., provide electric and gas service to customers in southern and northern Arizona. For more information about UNS Energy Corporation, visit http://www.uns.com.
Tucson Electric Power provides safe, reliable electric service to approximately 414,000 customers in Southern Arizona. Although our company has been in business for more than 120 years, we continue to look for innovative ways of providing value, comfort, convenience and security to our customers every day. We're evaluating cutting-edge energy technologies, reshaping our energy portfolio and expanding our renewable power and energy-efficiency programs. While our line of work can be challenging, it can also be rewarding. Our team of dedicated professionals values engagement, enthusiasm, innovation and collaboration.
In return, TEP offers a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes a 401k plan with a generous company match, a company-sponsored pension plan, tuition reimbursement, life insurance, long-term disability insurance and much more.
We are currently seeking a talented individual for the position of Compensation & Benefits Analyst II - Senior. The successful candidate will performs the functions associated with the design, communication and administration of the compensation and benefit programs.
- Assists in the administration of the Company Compensation Program (base and incentive).
- Gathers data and prepares programs for annual salary planning and bonus administration. Works with payroll to ensure timely and accurate payments are made.
- Participates in salary surveys and analyzes the survey results to determine the competitiveness of the company's compensation package.
- Assists in the preparation of the salary grade structure. Implements approved modifications to the structure, as necessary, to ensure a competitive posture in the labor market.
- Assists in the communication of employee compensation and benefit programs, including preparation of total rewards statements, new hire benefit orientation, counseling employees, drafting and distributing employee communication materials.
- Assists in the administration of the qualified and non-qualified defined benefit and defined contribution retirement plans, including plan design, modification, communications, employee education, compliance, recordkeeping, reporting and disclosure.
- Prepares and reviews pension calculations for all qualified defined benefit plans and conducts pre-retirement and retirement interviews and secures retirement benefit elections.
- Assists in the gathering of data and analysis in preparation for various compliance filings, reporting and notice requirements governed by the IRS, DOL, SEC and other governing bodies and assists in the execution thereof.
- Gathers data and performs analysis in support of Actuarial Valuations, working with actuaries to ensure timely and accurate reporting and validation of data.
- Performs functions in conjunction with payroll, gathering data and preparing reports for bi-weekly loan updates, 401(k) deferral updates, qualified and non-qualified contribution files and loads.
- Participates in providing onsite education to retirement plans participants, hosting workshops, meetings and one-on-one sessions to increase employee awareness of benefits.
- Assists in the analyses of data and preparation of tables for the Company Proxy.
- Acts as liaison with both internal & external attorneys and auditors with respect to Company's benefit plans.
- Assists in the preparation of the group's annual capital, operating and maintenance budgets. Monitors budget variances monthly and initiates budgetary control actions as appropriate.
- Work with Budget Planning & Analysis and Accounting to obtain timely financial reporting applicable to completion of assignments.
- Conducts special studies regarding employee benefit plan design to determine the cost-effectiveness of existing programs, evaluate alternatives and assess the desirability of new programs and/or modifications to existing programs.
- Performs analytical support work for Rate Cases for Tucson Electric Power (TEP), Unisource Energy Services Electric (UEE) and Unisource Energy Services Gas (UEG). Prepares exhibits and responses to questions from regulatory agencies such as the Arizona Corporation Commission and RUCO.
- Assists in preparation and analyses of data to support labor agreement negotiations for TEP, UEE, UEG and Southwest Energy Solutions (SES).
- Assists in the preparation and analysis of data to support multiple audits for TEP, UEE, UEG and SES, and maintains working papers for each audit which document the work performed, conclusions reached, and any findings.
- Ensures adherence to quality standards and approved processes, reviews and documents results.
- Ability to meet deadlines, time budgets, and work multiple tasks under pressure.
- Participates in special projects as assigned.
- Monitors federal and state regulations concerning benefits administration to ensure compliance with legal requirements.
- This position may provide services to affiliates of the Company subject to the UNS Energy Code of Conduct and the related Policies and Procedures.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Analyst Il: Minimum Qualifications: High school diploma or GED. Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Human Resources Management or comparable area of study and a Minimum of 3 years of experience in wage/salary administration, job analysis and/or benefits administration, Qualified and/or Non-Qualified Defined Contribution and/or Defined Benefit plans administration.Progression towards relevant professional industry certification(s) desirable. Broad-based business knowledge including financial analysis, project management, research, and report preparation. Strong analytical ability is required in order to gather and summarize data for reports, find solutions to various administrative problems, and prioritize work. Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively at all levels; including speaking and business writing. Demonstrated ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment. A high degree of human relation skills are required to deal with confidential and sensitive situations and to maintain positive relations with other areas of the company. Demonstrated fluency in computer software applications in spreadsheets (Excel), word processing (Word), database, presentation (PowerPoint), budgeting (Hyperion) and human resource management system (PeopleSoft). Ability to manage small projects or phases of larger projects with some supervision. Broad-based business knowledge including financial analysis, project management, research, and report preparation.
Senior Analyst: Minimum qualifications of Level II plus minimum of 6 years of experience in wage/salary administration, job analysis and/or benefits administration, Qualified and/or Non-Qualified Defined Contribution and/or Defined Benefit plans administration. Demonstrated proficiency managing medium and/or large projects with minimal supervision. Ability to recognize opportunities related to business process improvement. Applies extensive knowledge of concepts, practices, and procedures to handle complex tasks and provides guidance to others. Preferred qualifications: Achievement of relevant professional industry certification(s). Master's degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, or related field. Exceptional analysis and innovation skills.
Salary & Benefits
Compensation and Benefits Analyst II
- With minimal guidance, conducts compensation and benefits research and analysis.
- Prepares compliance reports and other projects.
- Oversees a small project or phase(s) of a larger project.
- Takes initiative to add to body of functional knowledge and demonstrates proficiency in subject matter.;
Senior Compensation and Benefits Analyst
- Has primary responsibility for complex compensation and benefits research, analysis and compliance.
- Has a high degree of breadth and depth of functional knowledge.
- Oversees multiple projects, one larger project, or even a program which is on-going and can deliver projects to successful completion with minimal guidance.
- Self-directed and needs minimal supervision.
- Understands business drivers and can deliver solutions which accurately and effectively meet business needs.
- Identifies and overcomes barriers to timely and successful completion of work assigned.
- Identifies process improvements and recommends practices which improve effectiveness.
- Takes ownership of data and can identify, draft and implement validation methodology to ensure that data is accurate on a global basis.
- Coordinates and expedites resolution to problems which occur with respect to a wide variety of matters necessary for the professional, effective and economical completion of the job.
- Consistently delivers work without errors.
- Readily communicates the status of specific projects, programs, or on-going work.
Tucson Electric Power (TEP)
1 S Church Ave - Ste 100
Arizona United States