UNS Energy Corporation, headquartered in Tucson, Arizona, is a subsidiary of Fortis Inc., the largest investor-owned electric and gas distribution utility in Canada. UNS Energy Corporation's public utility subsidiaries, Tucson Electric Power Company, UNS Electric, Inc. and UNS Gas, Inc., provide electric and gas service to customers in southern and northern Arizona. For more information about UNS Energy Corporation, visit http://www.uns.com.
Tucson Electric Power provides safe, reliable electric service to approximately 414,000 customers in Southern Arizona. Although our company has been in business for more than 120 years, we continue to look for innovative ways of providing value, comfort, convenience and security to our customers every day. We're evaluating cutting-edge energy technologies, reshaping our energy portfolio and expanding our renewable power and energy-efficiency programs. While our line of work can be challenging, it can also be rewarding. Our team of dedicated professionals values engagement, enthusiasm, innovation and collaboration.
In return, TEP offers a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes a 401k plan with a generous company match, a company-sponsored pension plan, tuition reimbursement, life insurance, long-term disability insurance and much more.
We are currently seeking a talented individual for the position of Auditor II-Senior. The successful candidate will perform audits of Company internal financial activities, internal operational activities, joint-venture projects, and subsidiary activities, including overseeing joint-venture projects. A Senior Auditor will also organize and facilitate control & risk self-assessment workshops and document and test controls for compliance with applicable laws and regulations such as Sarbanes-Oxley Act. In addition, a Senior Auditor will assist the Lead Auditors, Audit Manager and General Auditor by supervising internal audit assignments performed by the audit staff and performing complex audits.
- Assists in developing a successful annual audit plan within the company by assessing risk factors.
- Assesses risk in functional areas to facilitate audit scheduling and determining the scope and objective of individual audits.
- Documents and tests controls for compliance with applicable laws and regulations such as Sarbanes-Oxley Act.
- Reviews audit reports and work papers prepared by audit staff to ensure there is adequate documentation to support the completed work and ascertain that recommendations to improve internal controls are effective.
- Participates in the development of or revision of internal control procedures.
- Schedules audit staff to specific assignments, taking into consideration both the experience and departmental training requirements.
- Oversees and performs audits of joint-venture projects to evaluate and determine if operating procedures and accounting practices are in conformance with operating agreements and other related contracts.
- Writes audit reports of findings and recommendations for corrective action and/or improvements, as appropriate.
- Reviews the progress, findings, and recommendations of audits and audit reports with audited organizations where appropriate.
- Organizes and facilitates Control & Risk Self-Assessment workshops
- Assist Lead Auditors, Audit Manager and General Auditor in staff development and training including performance appraisals.
- Performs audits or consulting engagements on areas that are complex or confidential in nature.
- Assists in the preparation of departmental budget and perform duties as delegated to provide continuity of the direction for the entire department.
- Assists in the preparation of the reports to the Board of Directors Audit Committee, (interim status, year-end status, and annual audit plan).
- This position may provide services to affiliates of the Company subject to the UNS Energy Code of Conduct and the related Policies and Procedures.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
High school diploma or GED. College degree with Accounting major or significant accounting course work plus two or more years' audit-related work experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Masters degree, CPA, CIA, CISA, CISSP, CMA or CFE certification. Excellent communications skills, written and verbal. Ability to meet deadlines, time budgets, and work multiple tasks under pressure. Knowledge of internal control methods and techniques. Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Procedures and Generally Accepted Auditing Standards. Interviewing and flowcharting skills. Lead and direct audit engagements. Creates audit programs and risk assessment with minimal supervision.
Applies extensive knowledge of concepts, practices, and procedures to handle complex tasks and provides guidance to others. Excellent understanding of concepts related to GAAS and IIA standards and risk assessment. Basic knowledge of Data Analysis auditing tools