Manages the day-to-day operations of an electric utility in a geographic territory, region, location or functional unit that has a significant impact on corporate, business unit or organizational objectives. Establishes and implements business objectives, strategies, and plans. Manages and allocates financial and employee resources. Implements and supports company programs and policies. Usually responsible for establishment and adherence to department budget. Develop innovative leadership techniques that will improve the safety of each employee group and the quality of work each employee group performs in an effort to improve efficiencies.
Responsibilities for this position include the following:
- Participate in activities related to the planning, design, building, maintenance, switching and control of the electrical distribution and transmission systems.
- Analyze market and competition and understands organization's strengths and weaknesses to identify external threats and opportunities.
- Adapt strategy to changing conditions by overcoming resistance and supporting those affected by change.
- Implement strategic business objectives, strategies and plans in support of the company's strategic goals.
- Manage and allocates financial and employee resources.
- Usually responsible for establishment and adherence to department budget.
- Promote safety in the workplace through demonstrated leadership.
- Respond to after-hour emergencies relating to the electrical system with both Distribution & Transmission activities/workload.
- Manage schedules and complete the annual substation maintenance plan and/or capital work.
- Perform inspections and field audits of the substation maintenance and/or capital work performed.
- Ensure that a zero accident workplace message is delivered in a convincing manner on a regular basis.
- Interview hire, train, coach, and develop employees.
- Implement and deliver more efficient ways to perform the job.