Dominion Energy Ohio and the Dominion Energy Charitable Foundation will award $110,000 in unrestricted grants to area non-profits that have made a difference in the communities the company serves. The grants are offered through the 23rd annual Community Impact Awards competition, sponsored by Dominion Energy and Cleveland Magazine.
The awards recognize community organizations that have made major contributions toward the economic and social revitalization of communities located in Dominion Energy's service area in Ohio. The Dominion Energy Charitable Foundation, recognizing the company's commitment to workforce development, also is presenting the third annual Workforce Development Impact Award of $10,000 to recognize a unique project or initiative.
Application instructions are listed below. Entries will be judged by a group of community leaders from Dominion's service area. Winners will be recognized in the March 2018 issue of Cleveland Magazine. The entry deadline is Nov. 30, 2017. For more information, including online entry procedures, visit www.DominionEnergy.com, search: impact.
- Projects must have been completed between July 2016 and November 2017.
- Projects must be located and have made a major contribution to the economic or social revitalization of communities within the company's service area in Ohio.
- Organizations must be 501c (3).
To be eligible to receive a Dominion Energy Community Impact Award, organizations MUST provide:
- Name of your organization, a contact name, title, telephone number, email address and complete mailing address.
- Give a brief description/history of your community or organization.
- Describe the project your community or organization completed to promote economic and/or social revitalization. Include objectives, benefits, impact and measurable results and community interests/involvement. Include both quantitative and qualitative results.
- To what extent did the project generate positive change and growth within its targeted area?
- How many people were impacted/served by this project?
- How will the results of this project encourage and promote future development and revitalization?
- Community impact: What effect has the project had in terms of jobs, spending, taxes, etc.?
- If you want to be considered for the special workforce development award, please be sure to check the box in your application.
Dominion Energy is one of the nation's largest producers and transporters of energy, with a portfolio of approximately 25,700 megawatts of generation, 15,000 miles of natural gas transmission, gathering and storage pipeline, and 6,600 miles of electric transmission lines. Dominion Energy operates one of the nation's largest natural gas storage systems with 1 trillion cubic feet of storage capacity and serves more than 6 million utility and retail energy customers.
Peggy Ehora in Lima
Or, call toll-free in Ohio, 1-800-556-4400