Field Application Engineer
The primary focus for this position is to create demand for the sale of Division product by driving specifications for Bussmann products at targeted OEMs, Consulting Engineers, Design-Build Contractors, and End Users. The position will also work with targeted codes and standards leaders and develop sales materials/articles, as assigned.
- Identifying and influencing target accounts. This is accomplished by analysis of territory markets and accounts, then developing a sales funnel based upon best opportunities to maximize Division product sales.
- Convincing OEMs, Design-Build Contractors, Consulting Engineers, and large, influential Users to specify the Division's products. This is accomplished through both one-on-one and group presentations of the benefits of our products.
- The Field Application Engineer must be an expert in electrical system design, OEM equipment design, and appropriate codes and standards. The customer must recognize the incumbent as an expert in a short amount of time.
- Influencing codes and standards leaders by participation in scheduled industry meetings and focused training in one-on-one and group presentations.
- The Field Application Engineer will travel 50-60% within the assigned territory.
Eaton has in place accessibility policies for accommodating employees with disabilities. If you are selected for an interview and require accommodations, please let the recruiter or hiring manager know so that we can work to make reasonable adjustments that best suit your needs. Accessibility information may be found at: http://www.eatoncanada.ca/EatonCA/OurCompany/Accessibility/index.htm
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering from an accredited institution required
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the Electrical Industry
- Must be legally authorized to work in Canada without company sponsorship
- No relocation is offered for this position. Only candidates located within 80 kilometers of Mississauga will be considered for the position.
- 50% travel within assigned territory
- Strong knowledge of the CEC, NEC as well as CSA and UL standards are preferred
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering preferred
- P.Eng preferred
- Sales experience preferred
Job ID 030558
Eaton is a power management company with 2015 sales of $20.9 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 97,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com. At Eaton, we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently if you're determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you then it's time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information, visit www.eaton.com/careers. Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.