Marketing Manager - Connected Lighting
The Marketing Manager will lead Eaton's growth within the Connect lighting and Controls lighting markets and vertical segments by providing direction and leadership of assigned product lines. This individual will form the strategic planning, price management, product line roadmap and profit plan processes within product lines associated with the market segment with the goal of building profitable market share growth. Key responsibilities include establishing and maintaining strong relationships with counterparts throughout the organization, third party sales agencies and channel partners to deliver Eaton solutions to the Canadian customer base. The Marketing Manager will be expected to communicate, elevate and direct unique Canadian market needs with Eaton Electrical Sector marketing team from product divisions in the USA, APAC and EMEA organizations.Essential Responsibilities:
- Create, implement and maintain segment growth plans, profit plans & product line roadmaps that support profitable market share growth across all assigned product lines.
- Understand the key market drivers for assigned product lines through market surveys, voice of customer activities and macro-economic data. Leverage this information with a thorough understanding our competitors strengths and weaknesses to develop growth strategies within each region and/or market segment.
- Create appropriate pricing strategies (i.e. national, regional, CSP, etc.) using Eaton standard tools including but not limited to: variant price configurator, FLASH, special price agreements. Collaborate with other marketing team members, pricing analysts and sales leadership to manage the various price guidelines and assure price realization and/or margin contribution through the use of these tools.
- Facilitate the on-time and cost effective launch of new products & services into the Canadian marketplace, while leading the B2B content marketing strategies that will attract new customers and create Eaton brand advocates.
- Collaborate with marketing communications and field sales functions to establish lead qualification criteria and lead handoff procedures.
- Implementation and maintain wholesale and retail channel marketing programs that ensure effective sales promotions, including training and POP merchandising activities within these channel organizations.
- Collaborate with the sales coverage strategy for assigned product lines and manage relationships with third party manufacturer's sales agencies where needed to obtain appropriate sales coverage in each region.
- Provide functional support for the Product Support/Customer Service team to maximize technical assistance and customer satisfaction.
Eaton has in place accessibility policies for accommodating employees with disabilities. If you are selected for an interview and require accommodations, please let the recruiter or hiring manager know so that we can work to make reasonable adjustments that best suit your needs. Accessibility information may be found at http://www.eatoncanada.ca/EatonCA/OurCompany/Accessibility/index.htm.
- A University degree is required
- Minimum 5 years' experience in strategic marketing, technical marketing, sales or operations
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates residing within 80KM of Mississauga, ON, Canada facility will be considered.
- Professional Engineer designation
- Master's in Business Administration
- Knowledge/experience with the IoT marketplace and technology
- Strong technical product aptitude of lighting, electrical and associated control systems.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with a variety of different organizational levels.
- Knowledge of B2B content marketing strategy, tools and processes, including marketing automation software.
- Experience working with engineering, manufacturing, supply chain, finance and multiple sales channels.
- Comfortable in facilitating customer meetings and delivering presentations.
Job ID 030592
Eaton is a power management company with 2015 sales of $20.9 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 97,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com. At Eaton, we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently if you're determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you then it's time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information, visit www.eaton.com/careers. Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.