Under the direction of the Commercial Operations Manager, the Product Specialist is responsible for the marketing and engineering of our electrical control and power distribution products (up to 600V) to meet customer expectations. This includes responsibility for pricing, negotiations, order entry, customer order engineering, customer service, quality, materials and manufacturing of motor controls (enclosed motor starters, enclosed Variable Frequency Drives, Motor Control Centers and custom control panels) and distribution equipment. In addition, the product specialist in this role is responsible for assisting in training and development of more junior product specialists.
- Provide technical support to internal and external customers. Provide custom solutions to meet customer expectations and applicable standards
- Prepare quotations, complete AutoCAD drawings and provide application support for Eaton products.
- Maintain pricing authority for field sales and distributors.
- Develop strategies to support sales growth, customer service and price realization.
- Manage the administration of orders, production planning and scheduling including maintaining inventory availability for the assembly of products.
- Provide engineering drawings.
- Assist Customer, Sales and Eaton Care by providing custom layout drawings / schematics for submission with customer quotations and/or manufacturing purposes.
- Manage and maintain main bills of material and associated drawings, as well as assembly and manufacturing drawings.
- Assist Satellite Manager or Sales via joint sales calls where necessary.
- Prepare and/or assist with Product Launch Materials/Manuals/Literature
- Perform all job functions with adherence to Eaton's Philosophy and Values, Code of Ethics, as well as Environmental standards and commitment to safety and cost improvement.
- Perform other duties, as required.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities
- Ability to work under pressure (manage workload/prioritize
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organization skills
- Strong analytical aptitude and complex problem solving skills
- Intermediate/advanced knowledge of MS Office, Oracle 11i, AutoCAD, Autodesk Inventory
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment as part of a team
- Strong technical aptitude of electrical control and distribution systems
- Effective time management, prioritization and project management skills
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in Engineering (electrical, electronics, or mechanical) or Certified Electrical Technician
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates residing within the immediate geographical area (80km) will be considered.
- Must be authorized to work in Canada without company sponsorship
- Experience in manufacturing electrical controls and/or power distribution products
- Experience providing/creating pricing details/quotations for customers
Eaton has in place accessibility policies for accommodating employees with disabilities. If you are selected for an interview and require accommodations, please let the recruiter or hiring manager know so that we can work to make reasonable adjustments that best suit your needs.
Accessibility information may be found at: http://www.eatoncanada.ca/EatonCA/OurCompany/Accessibility/index.htm/
Job ID 031393