Production Test Technician
The Production Test Technician is responsible for performing a variety of tasks to ensure product quality standards are met. These tasks may include but are not limited to: inspecting, testing, and calibrating assemblies and finished instruments to meet manufacturer's specifications as well as electronic circuit troubleshooting and performing adjustment and repair (as required).
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Inspection, testing, and calibration of assemblies and finished products to ensure conformance with specifications and quality standards.
- Performance of product failure analysis including circuit troubleshooting.
- Performance of assigned activities from oral and/or written instructions, drawings, or other manufacturing information.
- Follow established procedures/work instructions for assigned activities.
- Handle materials in accordance with established procedures.
- Work in a timely manner to ensure customer needs are fulfilled, deadlines are met, and meet expected productivity goals.
- Maintain expected progress of jobs in area of assignment and communication of problem areas.
- Observe good housekeeping and safety procedures and keep equipment, tools and work area clean and orderly.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Skill Sets and Competencies:
- Associate degree (IE, ET, other) or other applicable technical degree.
- Three to five years' work experience as a technician in an electrical product environment.
- Ability to read basic electrical schematics, wiring diagrams, and engineering drawings.
- Ability to perform electromechanical system and circuit (analog, digital, power supply, and high voltage) troubleshooting and repair to component level.
- Experience in setting up and using Measurement &Test Equipment (DMMs, O-Scopes, Insulation Testers, Power Supplies, etc.) in the test and calibration of electronic products.
- Above Average soldering skills and the utilization of hand tools in printed circuit board repair.
- Familiar with the use of PCs and PC applications.
- Experience working safely with High Voltages, 1kV to 80kV, a plus.
External Contacts: Limited
- Manufacturing Personnel
- 0 %
4271 Bronze Way
Texas United States
Company management reserves the right to add, delete, or otherwise alter assigned duties at any time. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The minimum qualifications listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required.