Discuss Electric Transmission Challenges & Opportunities with Industry Leaders
The transmission industry faces huge challenges. Renewable energy is replacing fossil generation on an accelerating basis, putting operational pressure on the grid while simultaneously raising the specter of stranded transmission investments. Regional solutions are needed, but the effectiveness of FERC Order 1000 processes is under examination. One thing is certain: both transmission operations and the opportunities for expansion will radically change.
The 20th Annual Transmission Summit will once again provide the clearest window into the policy, regulatory and changing business strategies leading executives will pursue to assure operational reliability and seize development opportunities.
Two distinct events are featured:
The Transmission Executive Forum, March 7, 2017, will address Impacts of the Shift to Distributed Resources on Transmission Planning and Operations. The New York REV and other initiatives are driving deployment of microgrids, energy storage and other DERs. The Forum will discuss how the confluence of distribution and transmission systems is affecting not only the long-term viability of transmission projects but also grid planning and modernization investments.
At Transmission Summit 2017, March 8-9, 2017, policy-makers and senior executives will discuss the biggest challenges and opportunities facing the electric transmission industry.
- Bruce Edelston, Vice President, Energy Policy, SOUTHERN COMPANY
- Jay Caspary, Director, Engineering, SOUTHWEST POWER POOL
- Vladimir Chadliev, Director of Grid Integration, FIRST SOLAR
- Gerald Deaver, Manager, Regional Transmission Policy, XCEL ENERGY
- Tim Echols, Commissioner, GEORGIA PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
- John Fernandes, Director of Policy & Market Development, RES AMERICAS
- William Hazelip, Vice President, Business Development, NATIONAL GRID
- Michael I. Henderson, Director Regional Planning and Coordination, ISO-NE
- Kelli Joseph, Ph.D., Director, Market & Regulatory Affairs New York, NRG ENERGY, INC.
- Joe Kelliher, VP Government Affairs, NEXTERA
- Kiran Kumaraswamy, Market Development Director, AES ENERGY STORAGE
- Shelly Lyser, Regulatory Affairs, CON EDISON
- Dale Osborn, Transmission Planning Technical Director, MISO
- Noman Williams, COO, GRIDLIANCE
- Kris Zadlo, PE, Senior Vice President, INVENERGY LLC
Use this code to Avail 10% DISCOUNT: 1719SOCIAL10
- - CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFORMATION OR TO REGISTER - -